See Dr. Stevens in the comfort of your own home through the convenience of your laptop, smartphone or tablet.
To Best Serve You and Your Health During this Crisis, We're Bringing Back the House Call - Virtually.
Here's How It Works:
1. Telemedicine appointments are charged a flat fee of $59 for a single person visit and last up to 45 minutes. Please scroll down and read the conditions that we treat and do not treat through Telemedicine visits.
2. We do not accept insurance, Medicaid or Medicare and are considered "out of network". We provide you with a superbill that you can file with your insurance company for an "out of network" reimbursement. When you schedule an appointment, we ask that you select the "Cash" payment option in the "Add Insurance" portion of the appointment request.
3. To request a Telemedicine physician appointment, you may click on the "Schedule a Telemedicine Appointment" button below. You will be taken to our appointment booking page where you can request your appointment at a time that is convenient for you. In the "Reason for visit" portion of your appointment request, please write "Telemedicine" in addition to the medical issue that you would like to address.
4. After submitting your appointment request, you will be sent emails confirming your appointment along with your patient registration forms, consent forms and credit card payment forms which you can complete online. You will also be sent instructions on how to start your Telemedicine physician visit. We cannot start the actual Telemedicine physician visit until you have completed all the forms.
5. All Telemedicine visits are charged to your credit card through the secure Square payment portal at the time your credit card payment form is completed. Once an appointment is scheduled, you may reschedule the appointment**with 24 hours prior notice**.
Some of the conditions we treat through Telemedicine visits:
Allergies, Sinus infections
Respiratory infections except COVID-19
Bronchitis, Colds and flu
Diarrhea or constipation
Conjunctivitis (or pink eye)
infections, or inflammation
Sprains or strains (minor injuries)
UTIs and Bladder infections (Adult females 18+)*
Sports injuries (minor injuries), Other physical injuries (minor injuries)
Small wounds and cuts which do not require suture repair
Wellness medicine counseling
Telemedicine physician visits are extremely convenient but do have some limitations. *PLEASE see our treatment criteria for fever, ear pain and UTIs in the Service Section titled "What conditions we DO NOT TREAT and what medications we DO NOT PRESCRIBE through Telemedicine visits". We do not treat pediatric patients under the age of 3 with a fever or under the age of 12 with ear pain. We do not treat UTI's in males of any age or in females under the age of 18. --WE DO NOT ORDER COVID-19 TESTING--
Conditions we are unable to treat
These are conditions which our providers do not currently treat through Telemedicine visits. We would instead suggest you see your primary care doctor, go to an urgent care center or go to an emergency room depending on the severity of your issue.
Emergency situations (bleeding, heart attack, suicidal thinking)
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
Urinary tract infections in males
Urinary tract infections in females under 18 years of age
Chronic pain conditions
Children under 3 with a fever need to be seen immediately by a doctor in an office based setting. Children under 12 with ear pain can be treated if the pain is due to a virus (e.g. Colds), allergies, or an external infection. If there is a high likelihood it is a bacterial inner infection that needs antibiotics, they should be seen immediately by a doctor in an office based setting.
Children under 3 years of age with a fever
Children under 12 years of age with ear pain
Emergency situations (suicidal, homicidal, self-harm)
ADD/ADHD/Narcolepsy prescription medication therapy
Active hallucinations or delusions
Substance use in active medical detox
Substance use disorders
Moderate to severe autism spectrum disorders
Conditions that require laboratory or diagnostic imaging to determine final treatment recommendation without current lab work or imaging results present for review
Patients under the age of 18
Any other conditions, or combination of conditions, that prohibit the patient from being able to adequately function in day to day living activities.
Medications we do not prescribe
DEA and State Controlled medications
Erectile dysfunction medications
Some anti viral medications
Weight loss medications
DEA and State Controlled substances (ADHD stimulant medications, sleep medications, anti-anxiety medications, benzodiazepines)
Stimulants (e.g. Adderall, Ritalin, etc.)
Medications intended for intra-muscular injections
Detox medications and Opiod Use Disorder medications (e.g. Suboxone, Methadone)
Other drugs with potential for abuse, such as muscle relaxants, pseudoephedrine
Medications that require regular lab work and monitoring (e.g. Lithium, Depakote, Tegretol) when lab work is not present for review
Telemedicine Informed Consent
Informed Consent of Telemedicine Services provided by WellnessMD. Patient will be emailed a copy of this informed consent to sign when requesting a Telemedicine appointment.
Telemedicine involves the use of electronic communications to enable healthcare providers at different locations to share individual patient medical information for the purpose of improving patient care. Providers may include primary care practitioners, specialists, and/or subspecialists. The information may be used for diagnosis, therapy, follow-up and/or education, and may include any of the following:
· Patient medical records
· Medical images
· Live two-way audio and video
· Output data from medical devices and sound and video files
Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption.
Telemedicine involves the use of data transmission during the electronic communication.
The amount of data transmitted during the visit may be very large and as such the patient’s data carrier may charge the patient for the data used during the telemedicine visit. It is highly recommended that the patient utilize a WiFi connection with unlimited data, an unlimited cellular data plan and/or any other means to significantly reduce or eliminate any data charges to the patient associated with the telemedicine patient encounters. WellnessMD is not financially responsible for any costs, from data usage or otherwise, incurred by the patient pertaining to the telemedicine patient encounter.
Patients are encouraged to conduct a telemedicine visit utilizing a high capacity, reliable and secure broadband service or high capacity, reliable and secure cellular network to minimize the likelihood of interruptions of the telemedicine visit.
For any patient or condition evaluated through a telemedicine visit, the provider may determine that it would be the best course of patient medical treatment for the patient to have further medical evaluation by the patient’s primary physician, an urgent care facility or an emergency room rather than be treated by the provider through the telemedicine encounter. If during the telemedicine encounter, the provider makes such a determination for, and recommendation to, the patient, the charge for the telemedicine encounter will not be refunded to the patient.
There are medical conditions that we do not treat and medications that we do not prescribe for patients through a telemedicine patient encounter. The excluded medical conditions and the excluded prescribed medications are explained and detailed in the Services section of the Provider Profile portion of the WellnessMD patient portal under “Conditions we DO NOT TREAT and medications we DO NOT PRESCRIBE through telemedicine visits” accessible at . If a patient presents for a telemedicine visit for a condition that we have expressly indicated that we do not treat or for a medication that we have expressly indicated that we do not prescribe, the patient charge for the telemedicine visit will not be refunded.
For the patient’s benefit and quality of medical care, the patient should be in a location which affords the patient secure privacy during the telemedicine encounter with the provider.
Responsibility for the patient care should remain with the patient’s local clinician, if you have one, as does the patient’s medical record.
· Improved access to medical care by enabling a patient to remain in his/her local healthcare site (i.e. home).
· More efficient medical evaluation and management.
As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks associated with the use of telemedicine. These risks include, but may not be limited to:
· In some cases, the consultant may determine that the transmitted information is of inadequate quality, thus necessitating a face-to-face meeting with the patient, or at least a rescheduled video consult;
· Delays in medical evaluation and treatment could occur due to deficiencies or failures of the equipment or interruptions of the telemedicine visits due to interruption or failures of the utilized data/video transmission systems and networks, thus necessitating a face-to-face meeting with the patient, or at least a rescheduled video consult. ;
· In very rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information;
· In rare cases, a lack of access to complete medical records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions or other judgment errors;
By signing this document, you acknowledge that you understand and agree with the following:
1. I understand that the laws that protect privacy and the confidentiality of medical information also apply to telemedicine, and that no information obtained in the use of telemedicine, which identifies me, will be disclosed to researchers or other entities without my written consent.
2. I understand that I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to the use of telemedicine in the course of my care at any time, without affecting my right to future care or treatment.
3. I understand the alternatives to telemedicine consultation as they have been explained to me, and in choosing to participate in a telemedicine consultation, I understand that some parts of the exam involving physical tests may be conducted by individuals at my location, or at a testing facility, at the direction of the consulting healthcare provider.
4. I understand that I may incur financial charges from my data carrier for the data transmission during the telemedicine visit and that I am totally financially responsible for all data charges imposed by my data carrier pertaining to the telemedicine visit and that WellnessMD is not financially responsible for such data charges and will not reimburse me or pay for my data charges.
5. I understand that telemedicine may involve electronic communication of my personal medical information to other medical practitioners who may be located in other areas, including out of state.
6. I understand that I may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of telemedicine in my care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
7. I have read and understand the sections listed under the Services section in the scheduling appointment portal of WellnessMD specifically regarding “Conditions we DO NOT TREAT and medications we DO NOT PRESCRIBE through telemedicine visits” and “Conditions we treat through telemedicine visits” which is accessible to me at and I understand under what circumstances I will not be entitled to a refund for the charges for my telemedicine visit as described in the above indicated sections.
8. I understand that while I am being evaluated through a telemedicine visit, the provider may determine that it would be the best course of medical treatment for me to have further medical evaluation by my primary physician, an urgent care facility or an emergency room rather than being treated by the provider through the telemedicine encounter. If during the telemedicine encounter, the provider makes such a determination and recommendation to me, I understand that the charge for the telemedicine encounter will not be refunded.
9. I understand that my healthcare information may be shared with other individuals for scheduling and billing purposes. Others may also be present during the consultation other than my healthcare provider and consulting healthcare provider in order to operate the video equipment. The above mentioned people will all maintain confidentiality of the information obtained. I further understand that I will be informed of their presence in the consultation and thus will have the right to request the following: (1) omit specific details of my medical history/physical examination that are personally sensitive to me; (2) ask non-medical personnel to leave the telemedicine examination room; and/or (3) terminate the consultation at any time.
Patient Consent to the Use of Telemedicine:
I have read and understand the information provided above regarding telemedicine, have discussed it with my physician or such assistants as may be designated, and all of my questions have been answered to my satisfaction.
I have read all of this document carefully, and understand the risks and benefits of the teleconferencing consultation and have had my questions regarding the procedure explained and I hereby give my informed consent to participate in a telemedicine visit under the terms described herein.
By signing this document, I hereby state that I have read, understood, and agree to the terms of this document in its entirety.
If you are legal guardian of a minor who will be receiving medical care through a telemedicine encounter please sign the minor’s name and your name thereby giving your informed consent to have the minor treated.